More About WOHVA
The Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association (WOHVA) focuses on assuring the individual rights of citizens (who enjoy motorized trail recreation) to the continued use of public lands. WOHVA believes that motorized recreation can coexist with an environmentally responsible use of public lands. These two goals need not be mutually exclusive. WOHVA believes with firm conviction in that previous statement!
By working to inform & educate Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) recreationists; in conjunction with informing and educating legislators, land managers, land owners and public administrators; WOHVA continues to increase OHV trail availability here in the Badger State.
Our members are regularly receiving educational and training opportunities from experts from across the country. The premier education and information offering is WOHVA’s Annual Wisconsin OHV Enthusiasts Workshops (held each spring). Just a few of the organizations whom have shared their expertise and their topics include:
- American Motorcyclist Association – Grass Roots Legislative Action
- BlueRibbon Coalition – Defeating the Anti-Access Agenda
- National Off-Highway Vehicle Conservation Council – Management Guidelines for OHV Recreation & Park Guidelines for Off-Highway Vehicles
- Chequamegon/Nicolet National Forest – Annual Motor Vehicle Use Map
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources – Motorized Recreational Trail Grant Administration
- Del Albright – Access Advocacy
- American Red Cross – CRP Training
- West Bend Fire Department – Wilderness First Aid & Extended Care
- United Four Wheel Drive Associations – Volunteer Trail Patrol
- ih8mud.com – 4WD Safety & Customer Service on the Trail
Working closely with land managers from the Chequamegon/Nicolet National Forest WOHVA is expecting receipt of a Recreational Trails Program Grant. This Grant encompasses the first stage of a multi-state project which will rehabilitate the Pipeline 4X4 Corridor on the eastern boundary of the Nicolet Forest side of the Forest. WOHVA has sponsored numerous volunteer projects on The Pipeline (including our Annual WOHVA Spring & Fall Pipeline Trail Maintenance Days).
WOHVA continues to support numerous local, state, regional and national organizations. Groups WOHVA supports include:
- American Motorcyclist Association
- BlueRibbon Coalition
- Crandon International Off-Road Raceway
- Forest County Chamber of Commerce
- Lake States Resource Alliance
- United Four Wheel Drive Associations
The Wisconsin Off-Highway Vehicle Association exists for the sole purpose of proactively assuring that public and private off-highway motorized vehicular recreational opportunities are expanded in Wisconsin for safe use by this and future generations